Bašta Fest, together with partners from regional countries, Drim Short Film Festival (Struga, Northern Macedonia) and Seanema Film Festival (Ulcinj, Montenegro), founded BALKAN SHORT FILM NETWORK, for the education of young filmmakers, as well as the promotion of short films in the region.
The first and currently biggest project is the expansion of our educational program Bašta Pitch to the region – so we will gather young filmmakers from Serbia, North Macedonia and Montenegro! 5 projects will be selected for a short fiction film of up to 30 minutes, which will participate in 3 workshops: Bašta Pitch at the Bašta Fest, Fund Ready at the Drim Short Film Festival and Festival Ready at the Seanema Film Festival. Each project will have 2 representatives – the director and producer, a total of 10 workshop participants.
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- Screenplay for a short fiction film of up to 30 minutes
- Synopsis (1 page)
- Director’s statement (up to 2 pages)
- Director’s biography with photo (up to 2 pages)
- Producer’s biography with photo (up to 2 pages)
The application must be in Serbian, Montenegrin or Macedonian language.
In the first stage, at the Bašta Pitch, participants will go through several days of work with mentors (renowned director and producer from Serbia) in order to present their project on the last day of the festival. The winning project will receive a prize of € 1,000.
During the second stage, at the Fund Ready workshop, participants will work with mentors from North Macedonia to develop their fundraising strategies.
At the Festival Ready workshop, participants will work with mentors from Montenegro to develop strategies for festivals and how to present their finished projects.
A web conference will be held in October to summarize impressions and present projects to a wider audience after the workshops.
Dates of the first workshop (dates of the ninth Bašta Fest): June 30 – July 3, 2022.
Dates of the second workshop (dates of the sixth Drim Short Film Festival): August 6 – 9, 2022.
Dates of the third workshop (dates of the third Seanema Film Festival): September 8 – 11, 2022.
Date of the web conference: October, 2022.
Applications are open until May 20, 2022. Participants will be announced no later than June 5th, 2022.
The selection criteria are:
- The three judges will evaluate applications and select projects that have the most potential in terms of future success and production value.
- The judges will also take into consideration the administrative criteria – are the applications coming from the Program area of the Network (MNE, MKD, SRB), is it the project for a short fiction film of up to 30 minutes.
- Both artistic and commercial quality will be taken into consideration.
We are waiting for your submissions!
The Balkan Short Film Network project is supported by the Western Balkans Fund and the Ministry of Culture and Information of Serbia. Western Balkans Fund Regional Grant Scheme is co-funded by the European Union, IPA – Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance.